Muscat Electricity Distribution holds workshop On electrical losses in the distribution network

Muscat Electricity Distribution Company - a member of Nama Group - held yesterday a workshop on electricity losses in the distribution network at Park Inn Muscat Hotel,  in the presence of the company's executive management team and a group of experts, specialists and consultants in the field of energy.

The workshop discussed seven work papers, which focused on the connected relation between electric energy to technology, and its importance in creating a digital environment, in addition to discussing the work strategy and operational plans prepared by the company, to reduce the electrical losses in its distribution network in Muscat Governate.

The company has made significant progress in reducing power losses in recent years, Distribution losses have been reduced from 17.58% in 2009 to 6.92% in 2017 compared to the target of 6.60% set by the Authority for Electricity Regulation, The total reduction in energy losses during the price control mechanism for the fourth period (2015-2017) decreased by 1.81% and the average annual decrease by 0.60% in the last three years compared to the total target rate of 2.4%.