Network extension application
This is a notification from the customer to MEDC that he/she is starting the construction and he/she will need the electricity connection after completion of the construction project. MEDC will ensure providing the required network near to the customer location before the construction end date. MEDC is not required to reply to the customer in this application (Status can be provided to customer upon his request).
- Copy of a valid Identify Card/ Commercial registration for cooperate customer.
- Copy of Mulkiya and Krooki
- Copy of electrical drawing on A4 paper (Single line Diagramfor demand more than 200 Kwh)
- NOC from Muscat Municipality /Building permit.
Below diagram shows summery for the Network Extension process
- This Application is available online.
- For customer with demand load more than 2500 Kwh, more technical details will be required. Hence, this will need to be discussed in depth with MEDC’s technical team
New Connection Application
This is the connection Application for the completed (ready for connection) constructions (site/Premise/Project). An application form should be filled and submitted to any of MEDC service offices located in different areas in Muscat Governorate. The maximum required time to complete the connection is 10 working days after receipt of the customer application (Excluding delay from Customer).
- Copy of a valid (ID) Identification Card/ Commercial registration for cooperate customer.
- Copy of “Mulkiya” and “Krooki”
- Copy of a valid electrician license.
- No objection letter from Muscat Municipality for Connection.
- Copy of electrical drawing on A4 paper (Single line Diagram).
Below diagram shows summery for the new connection process and the time plan to complete the customer Connection Application.
- Application for new connection should be submitted in one of MEDC’s Offices located in Muscat Governate.
- Payment of connection fees are available in MEDC offices through card only (Cash Payment is not acceptable).
- Customer can select one of the approved contractors. List of Contractors can be downloaded from the below Link.